NHS Trusts / Private Hospitals / 06.04.2020
Coming together in times of uncertainty with Medirest and beyond
In such uncertain times, negativity surrounds us, news reports filled with facts and figures and stories of the NHS being inundated with unwell patients battling the Coronavirus.
Whilst we understand the worry and stress this will have induced, we would like to reassure you that here at Medirest and across Compass Group, we have been making every effort to ensure the wellbeing of our colleagues, NHS staff, children and patients are at the heart of everything we do.
Our teams across the UK have been working around the clock, innovating and implementing strategies to provide support to the Healthcare and Foodservice sectors.
- We have almost 11,000 Compass Healthcare heroes on the frontline to support the Nation in the continued fight against the CV19 virus
- We are keeping residents fed, safe and well in over 80 care homes across the country
- The wider Compass Group are providing services at sites like ExCel London, schools for key workers and vulnerable children, armed forces, police, national infrastructure and government buildings
- Foodbuy have packed and delivered almost 4,000 essential boxes to support frontline workers in hospitals and schools, with an aim to deliver 12,000 in the next ten days
- They have also donated £500k worth of surplus food to FareShare UK
- RA Group’s ‘Food at Oliver’s’ site in London have been setting up market tables to provide complimentary fresh produce to key workers to enjoy at home
- RA Group’s partners have also been offering home delivery services for food and drink products and supplies
- Chartwells have been supplying packed lunches for the week to key worker children and families on a low income where their children would ordinarily receive free school meals
- Chartwells Independents have also been providing packed lunches and hot meals with an abundance of volunteers delivering food and drink to key workers and their children
Across the whole of Compass Group, we have been working with experts in all major fields to provide factual information to all of our clients, colleagues and beyond. Using videos, podcasts and webinars to engage and inspire – from cooking, to mindfulness to keeping fit whilst in isolation.
We sincerely commend our colleagues on the frontline keeping patients and NHS personnel fed and well-nourished in our hospitals through our dedicated Catering teams, ensuring spaces are clean and infection free through our Control of Infection/Cleaning teams as well as supporting the vital role of keeping hospital flow moving through the heroic efforts of nearly 1500 hospital porters.
If there is anything we can do to help and support you at this time, please feel free to contact Brooke Pinkney on 01822 813065 or via email at email@example.com